1. Outdoor Weddings - The sun is setting, the view is beautiful and the string quartet begins to play 'The Wedding March' as you walk down the aisle....breathtaking! The idea of moving ceremony and reception outdoors and departing the 4 wall ballroom is like a breath of fresh air. Remember when considering this option, you will have to take into account the time of year and always have a plan B just in case Mother Nature decides not to cooperate.
2. Blast for the Past - Vintage details are always timeless and fun to incorporate into your wedding day. From using parts of mom's or grandma's dress into yours or even your bouquet to photos from both sides into your reception decor. You can also incorporate vintage jewelry, vintage inspired head pieces, vintage 'get away' vehicles, the list goes on and on.
3. Rustic Wedding Cake - Fondant covered cakes are always gorgeous, but maybe consider having a delicious butter cream frosted cake with natural flowers or fruit. The cake table is always an important part of the reception decor, so make it beautiful, however that is to you!
4. Simple & Pretty - Ove the top decor is taking a back seat to more simple arrangements that are low and more compact. Also consider using long tables with unique custom linens then round tables. This unique twist on an old trend will remind your parents of their wedding day.
Photo by Austin Gros via Green Wedding Shoes
5. Bridesmaid Dresses - Rather then select the dress and color for all your girls to wear and contending with different complexions and body types give them options, they will thank you! As the bride select a color you would like for all the girls to wear and then allow them to select the dress color shade, style, neckline that best flatters their figure and style.
Whatever you decide to do with your wedding day design, decor and details don't forget to have fun with the planning process and make sure you have a great time the day of your wedding!